Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Let your Freak Flag Fly!

I was in Target last night and they already have their school supplies out and ready for the new school year rush - in July?? A friend of mine told me that Babies R Us has their Halloween stuff out already too. What's up with that?

We all have our little quirks, but I get especially giddy around brand new school supplies. I physically get excited and jump up and down and giggle. New pencils that have yet to be sharpened, brand new erasers, a box of 64 brand new and still-sharp crayons, a notepad of paper just waiting to be written in...it gets me smiling. I must admit, I did walk around Target last night looking at all the cool new stuff just ready to go to school! The best part - that entire section smelled of pencils! A brand new box of 12 Dixon Ticonderogas for $2? Yes please. New highlighters with points still on them for $3.95? Yes please. A box of 64 Crayolas with built-in sharpener? You betcha. I had to hold back to not buy the whole store. Now, who has some math homework I can do?