Friday, October 08, 2010

My favorite thing

Every time I'm at Target, or CVS, or any other store like that, I always take time to wander through the hair accessory isle. I don't know why, but I'm drawn to it.  It's the same type of feeling I get in September when school starts and I'm drawn to the school supplies isle. I can't help it. I must see all the fun stuff.

Because of my perusal, I now have a new favorite hair thing. It's a set of Spin Pins, or, as Grandpa Jake called them when he saw them, "really messed up bobby pins", and then he tried to put one in his hair. I must say, you need longer-ish hair for these to work, but when they do work, they are tons of fun. I bought a second set to go crazy and do two buns at once. You can't go out and play soccer in them, but if they hold my hair for any manner of time, then they will work for you.

One thing I must point out - the TSA people at the security gates in airports don't like it when these are in your purse. Trust me. They made me open my purse and show them what they were. Better idea for next time - wear them in your hair through security, although then I'm sure the alarm will go off.

Check out the goody web site for more ideas, and more fun stuff they have for playing with your hair.  Have fun!