Sunday, July 20, 2008

Books...books...books...

Lately it seems Kyle and I have been pouring through the books on our book lists. That's what happens when you're cable goes out on a foggy weekend - you're resigned to reading books of all things!

For those of you who like books, and don't mind trading a few with total strangers, there is a cool book-trading web site. A friend of mine at work told me about it. It's called paperbackswap.com and allows you to post books you're willing to trade, and search for ones you'd like to get from other people. You pay media mail (cheaper) prices to mail books to other people, and in turn, you receive books for free. So far, I'm addicted. I have a stack of books to read next to my nightstand that is slowly growing taller every time I check the mail.

For those of you who want to take it a step further, there is another web site: http://www.goodreads.com/. This is more for networking, making friends, and reading the books and book reviews of your friends. It's more for the myspace generation of internet network users, but check it out, just for fun. If anything, you can use it for the "netflix-type" feature of building a queue of books to read next. Search for me while you're there and see if any of the books on my list are on your list too!