Monday, October 14, 2013

25 Ladies Walk into a Shower

No! Not that kind of shower, a Baby Shower.

I must say, the Grandmas worked their you-know-whats off scheduling, planning and organizing this baby shower. And they didn't ask me to do anything but show up! I even got an invitation in the mail like everyone else.  Thank you to Grandma Leona and Grandma Ellen for everything! I know it was a quick weekend, but it was quality time well spent with family and friends. The little guy got tons of rubs and hugs that day!

Speaking of invitations, did I mention Mom hand-made every single one of them?



BIG THANKS to all the ladies who came from near and far (Amy came from Detroit!). It was fantastic to see you all and I had such a great time. The hugs and smiles alone made the day special.

Here are a few pictures from all the fun we had that day.

For ALL the pictures, click on the link here: Link to pictures

Sara and Alma giving hugs to the little guy.


 Happy Grandmas!

 My "adult friend" Elizabeth

The Thursday night softball girls!  

Nancy won the "guess the tummy" game. Her guess was EXACTLY right! I won't tell how she did it though, her secret is safe with me!

Making sure Kyle is no longer the best-dressed in our house, Grandma Leona bought the little guy his own "future executive" outfits!

Books, books and more books! Everyone was so kind to bring a book for the little guy (some brought more than 1!). His little book collection is off to a gigantic start! 

 And on the 7th day, they rested. 
Thank you to the Grandmas and all their helpers for all their hard work! It was a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind of day. 

In other news, I just passed 29 weeks and going strong! I will teach bootcamp for 2 more weeks and then be done until after the little guy arrives. We are still working on getting his room and the house ready. In the meantime, we are practicing and working with Toby to get used to all the new baby items in the house. He knows the names of different rooms in the house like "office", "upstairs", "bed", "basement", "garage", and now we are trying to learn "baby's room". As you can see, he loves to climb on everything, not to mention tearing apart all the cardboard boxes they come in. I see a problem sharing in our near future.

 

Toby had no problem checking out the stroller. He didn't like it too much when I pushed him around, but he did a good-enough job tolerating me to get a treat at the end.
 We found out he really likes the play pen. He has no problem laying down and curling up while we are in the room, but as soon as we left the room and he realized he couldn't get out of the play pen on his own, a bit of barking and panic erupted. 

Whenever Kyle comes home from a work trip, Toby loves on him as if he's been gone for days. Here is a typical story-time session in our house. 

 Last but not least, Toby has officially announced it is cold outside. We hid his bed away in the summer as it is too hot to lay on in the heat. Last night I couldn't find him and he was in our room in the dark, laying on his bed. I guess he was cold! I brought his bed out to the living room and put a blanket down and he snuggled right in. Snuggles for everyone!

Until our next adventure, keep on smiling, snuggling, and smelling the world around you.

Big hugs,
Mandi, Kyle, Toby, and the little guy