Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wish I had a Third Kidney

I'd spend all my wishes to wish on a wishing star just to have a third kidney that matches my friend Rachel. Then I would give it to her, no questions asked. She needs one, and almost got a new one, but it was not meant to be - or that is what you are supposed to say when something like that happens. It still makes me sad and mad all at the same time to get her hopes up and then say, oh sorry, nevermind. Maybe next time. The bliss of innocence that comes from children is that the only thing Rachel was upset about when it turns out she couldn't get her new kidney was that she had to go back home and practice the piano. You see, if she had her surgery that day, she would be able to skip piano lessons. That's okay, she has enough adults to do the worrying for her, because we love her. With love comes worry, that's just how it is, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

One person who should get the mom of the year award is her mom, Alice. Alice gives to Rachel, and her family, without ever waiting for something in return. Well, she has her children in return, but you know what I mean. Alice is the most giving, loving, bestest human being ever, and just for that, I wish I had a third kidney.

Here's to a new kidney in the future.