Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Thank You

32 years ago today, I surprised both my parents a bit and decided to be born a few weeks ahead of schedule. The extra fun part was that my mom was home alone, and my dad was in the Navy overseas. I don't know what I was thinking coming out early - wait, yes I do, it was small in there - but I'm sorry for causing a bit of trouble.

Mom gave birth to me January 5, 1978, and I met Dad a few weeks later when he came home. My mom worked very hard that day, and heaven knows how hard she has worked every single day since then. What I mean to say, correction, what I NEED to say, correction again, what I should be saying every day since then and every day for the rest of my life is this: Thank you.

Thank you for how hard you both have worked for both Jason and I since the very single minute we met you and you brought us into this world.

Thank you for letting us be ourselves, even when it didn't seem right to you.

Thank you for letting us make mistakes and sitting on your hands to not correct us, even when you could see the result before we could. That is the only way we will ever learn.

Thank you - sometimes - for letting us make the same mistake twice. (Maybe we didn't learn some things as fast as we should have).

Thank you for every wink, high-five, smile and laugh. It is from that how we learn to be happy.

Thank you for all the hugs, especially when we thought we didn't need them. Those are worth the most in life.

Thank you for everything. We can only do our best to spend the rest of our lives to try and repay you.

Thank you for Jason. He is the best brother ever and my life would not be the same without my favorite brother.

Love,
Mandi