Sunday, July 22, 2007

Golf anyone?

I officially took up golfing today.

Well, allow me to rephrase. I had my first official golf lesson today. I also purchased my first official golf glove today, as well as got my first golf headache and backache today.

My golf teacher? It's Kyle. Some of you just cringed at the thought of a husband teaching his wife how to golf, but for the most part, we did just fine. Kyle is a great teacher, and when I put my mind to it, I can be quiet long enough to actually learn something. I think I did okay. I don't quite have "it" just yet, but I can feel it. I'm almost there. I almost have it. And once I have it, look out, because then I'm going down my list of golfers and trying to take each one of them out one by one. They call golfing "Life's game" because that is how long it takes to learn how to play it. It only took me 22 years to learn how to play softball. I'm sure golf won't be any different.

On the other hand, taking lessons the rest of my life won't be too bad. My current golf coach is pretty cute, and gives good instructions. Don't tell my husband, but I had dinner by candlelight with my golf coach tonight. I'd say my lessons are going good so far!